After 9 years of service with the British Army, I decided to take a different career path and trained to become an Arborist, after completing a 2 year HND. On completion of my studies, I was employed by Proarb as a climber/ arborist, which gave me extensive experience and knowledge working with different species of trees and sectors of work (private and large corporation clients). I spent 7 years with this company, after which, I felt it was time to create opportunities myself, hence I started my own company, Ian Murray Chainsaw Sculptures.
As a fully licenced, professional sculptor and arborist, I now provide a service to the general public as well as large corporations. I also showcase my talent at shows and events worldwide by creating fine pieces of art out of re-claimed timber/ standing trees.
The services that I offer are:
• General tree surgery. We will come and give you free advice on works that may be need, any liaison with local authorities etc, free quotations, logging service waste removal.
• Private commissions. Do you have fallen or standing trees that you would like to be carved/ sculpted? Even if you don’t have the timber we are able to supply. Do you have an idea for design, as we can help.
• Corporate clients / Developers. Would you like a focal point for your office or development?
• Schools and local communities. We can create areas for construction play, wild life habitats, story-telling chairs, to enhance and enrich your outdoor spaces to develop a real sense of global responsibility in tomorrow’s adults.
• Available for shows/ exhibitions/ events.
• All species of trees considered to be carved.
We carry full public liability insurance and will travel worldwide to support your requirements with no job or commission too large.