Make An Entrance is a multi-award-winning family-run business based in Lincolnshire. Founded from charitable roots, it has been operating online since 2005 supplying homes and businesses across the UK with made to measure door mats of every type.
Husband and wife team, Stuart and Samantha Burlton, created the business following in the footsteps of Stuart’s father Allen who, in the 1990s, managed a Royal School for the Blind factory where visually impaired people were employed making handmade mats. The Burltons have prevented this traditional skill from dying out and are now training a new generation of mat makers.
- Logo door mats
- Entrance door mats
- Coir door mats
- Textile door mats
- Custom door mats
- Personalised door mats
- Gifts and seasonal door mats
- Winner – FSB Celebrating Small Business Awards, Family Business of the Year (East Midlands) 2022
- #SBS (Small Business Sunday) awarded by Theo Paphitis, Twitter
- #SmartSocial Award, Twitter
- Finalist in two categories, Family Business of the Year and SME of the Year, in the Institute of Directors (IoD) Director of the Year Awards 2020
- Winner - Northern England Business Woman of the Year 2019 with judges commenting, "A well supported entry 'bristling' with supporting evidence"
- King of Doormats, awarded by #RoyalConnections on Twitter